Sunday, February 17, 2008

Communication Theories


Today in class we talked about communication theories. Communication theories have evolved extensively from Lasswell's Model in 1948. The first model was merely a horizontal line with 5 simple components. Communication models are important because they provide a graphical checklist for options as to why communication is or isn't effective.

Have you ever tried an elevator speech? Well I had not until today in class. Let me tell you I was more excited than nervous. Ever since I created my own elevator speech I find myself watching commercials and thinking how they are just like elevator speeches. It was a fun class period. My classmates were very creative in their thinking and selling concepts.


I read some more information on 21st Century Organizational Trends, this deals mostly with the Bogatti structure:



I also read a good article on IBM called "How IBM Positioned for Business Growth Using Integrated Business Communications". This article is only available on WebCt. If you can look it up it is very interesting.




No comments: